Friday, December 5, 2008

What Is the Most Important Exercise For Golf?

I received this question the other day from a potential client that I was assessing. This is extremely hard to answer, and I am sure that every golf fitness professional will have a different answer. So what is my answer? Well I have two actually:

  1. The most important strength exercise is the deadlift. Why? It reinforces posture and strengthens the back and hip muscles. It builds power in all the right muscles used it the golf swing. It coordinates the body like no other exercise out there.
  1. The most important mobility exercise is the 90/90 stretch. This stretch promotes shoulder turn and stretches the external hip rotators. It opens up the pectorals and promotes shoulder blade retraction. This position, as you will notice, is very similar to the length of the muscles in the golf swing.


This made me think...I want everyone who reads this blog to comment on everything I say...and please ask me some questions. I love answering questions especially when they serve a purpose or make me re-evaluate my philosophy!!!

GIVE ME MATERIAL : )

No comments: